Raw Banana is also known as plantains. It is very healthy and makes a good substitute of potato chips for weight watchers.
We live abroad and have no chance getting them in stores easily,so we started making our own batches at home and to our utter surprise thus was fresh and tasty than the store boughts.
Unlike the potato chips,that you have to wash the starch first and dip in cold water etc…..just peel off the banana,take a mandoline slicer and slice them and fry them.
So,let’s make raw banana or plantain chips….in my style 👇👇👇
Preparation time- 12-15 minutes
Cooking time- 6-8 minutes each batch
- 3 plantain or raw banana
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbs water
- For spice mix- 1 tsp amchur/mango powder,1 tsp red chilli powder,1 tsp chaat masala powder,1 tsp black salt
- Cut your plantain or raw banana thin,like if you cut in a mandolins slicer the mode should be 1
- In a bowl add 4 tbs water +1 tbs salt and mix
- Heat your oil to medium heat
- Add your plantain pieces
- Don’t touch first 2-3 minutes just swirl your pan
- Then move your laddle and ad. 1 so of salt water
- This cold water drops on hot oil will bubble up from inside and will make your chips crispier
- More 3-4 minutes of cooking,after adding the salt water our banana chips/plantain chips are ready
- Sprinkle our spice mix and toss
- Let it cool and then store it in a airtight jar
We’ve added a step by step video in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes, please do like, share and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊