Fish batter fry is such a dish,that it has many name but one taste. It is served with potato chips as a side in European countries as fish ‘n’ chips, while it is serve as fish’n” chips in here America with a side of French fries,in India it is named as Fish Orly and served with potato wedges. In Bengal, it has a variety of name fish munia,fish butter fry with melted butter in its butter.
My family absolutely enjoys this dish,when served on movie nights or on Sunday lunches.
I simply take fresh tilapia fillets and marinate with lemon juice,crushed black peppercorns,ginger garlic paste and then dipped in cold batter and fried in hot oil.
But you can also use Cod,Barramundi, Bhetki.
Are you already drooling???
Ok,don’t worry get the easiest and crispiest fish ‘n’ chips, recipe step by step from my kitchen to your kitchen👇👇👇👇
Preparation time- 15-20 minutes
Cooking time- 6-8 minutes each batch
- 1.5 lb boneless fish fillets (use soft fish not any oily fish)
- For the self raising flour- 1 cup all purpose flour+2 tsp baking powder+1/4th tsp salt
- 2 tbs rice flour
- 200 ml soda or sparkling water or you can use Beer 🍻
- 2 tsp+1 tsp crushed peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbs ginger garlic paste
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 1 cup flour for rolling the fish
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- In a bowl add 2 tbs ginger garlic paste,2 tsp crushed black peppercorns
- Squeeze juice of 1 lime or lemon
- And mix
- Add in the fish fillets and marinate for 20-25 minutes
- Let’s make the self raising flour,by adding 1 cup of all purpose flour+2 tsp baking powder+1/4 th tsp salt
- Now add 2 tbs rice flour,it adds crunch to the fish
- We added 200 ml Soda,you can use any unflavored sparkling water or if you are comfortable add beer
- There is a trick,which we always do while making batter fries
- Add 5-6 cubes into the batter and whisk
- Whenever this chilled batter touches the hot oil,it makes your fish cruchier for long
- Now roll your fish pieces on dry flour,dust the excess flour
- Dip into the batter and coat,drip off excess batter and deep fry them on a medium flame
- It will puff and rise up
- Fry till golden brown or the desired color is reaches
- Drain excess oil on tissue paper and transfer in a different plate or your batter fries will be soggy
- Enjoy with some tartar sauce, classic Ranch with a side of some chips,you can use any sauce of your choice
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes, please do like, share and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below.
Also try 👇👇👇