Koraishutir kochuri/ Mildly spiced green peas stuffed in puffed bread is a very famous dish in Indian Subcontinent , specially in West Bengal.
It is mainly made in winters,when they get the fresh peas.It is patent to have Koraishutir kochuri and Dum aloo or Chholar Daal as a side on holiday mornings. Though peas are available nowadays throughout the year now.
It is my husband’s favorite items on a menu list. To us it is guilty pleasure 😁😁😁.
When you poke holes on that piping hot kochuri/ puffed bread and dip it into dum aloo or chholar Daal and put it in your mouth the feeling you get is just unexplainable 🤤🤤🤤.
Let’s ,make some Koraishutir kochuri…in my style👍👍👍👍
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1/2 lb blanched peas
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 tsp onion seeds (kalaunji,kalo jeere)
- 1.5 tsp cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp ginger paste
- 1/4th tsp asfoetida (hing)
Procedure for the filling:
- Make a paste of the green peas and the green chillies together
- In a pan add 2 tsp white oil and temper with onion seeds ( kalaunji,kalo jeere) and 1/4 th tsp asfoetida (it is optional but use if you have it,it gives an extra flavor)
- Add the ginger paste
- Fry until it leaves aroma
- Add the green peas paste
- You will see that it contains lot of moisture
- Keep on stirring until everything comes together
- It will form a dough,which is not dry soft to touch (no moisture)
- Keep it aside
Ingredients for the flour dough:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2.5 tsp white oil
- 1 cup hot water (or as required)
Procedure for the flour dough:
- In a bowl add the flour
- In that add the salt and the sugar
- Add the oil
- And mix everything well with hand
- Now slowly add water and start kneading
- We needed almost 1 cup hot water to knead
- After kneading cover and rest for at least 30 minutes
Process to make the Koraishutir Kochuri/ spicy peas stuffed in puffed bread:
- Take out roundels from the flour dough about 25 gm each
- Take out roundels from the peas dough around 15 gm each
- Now flatten the four dough to make space in the middle
- Place the peas filling in the middle and start folding it from outside to inside
- Close the mouth
- Apply some oil and keep aside
- Repeat and make all the roundels
- At this point take oil in pan for deep frying
- Roll out the doughs to flat round sheets by rotating and rolling 360 degrees method
- Oil should be hot while frying (not too hot)
- Place one sheet at a time and you will see it will immediately puff up after going into the oil
- Put it on a soaking paper towel
- Repeat with rest of the roundels
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe 👇,please make and enjoy:
Serve it with some Dum aloo, Chholar Daal
You can share your photos of any recipe with us or you have any other requests of any recipe,please let us know,we will definitely try to do that.
Don’t forget to like,share and comments.
Like we always say that your comments always encourages us.