Butter naan is a leavened bread hugely popular in India. You can see always different kinds of naan in the menus of Indian restaurants, but I made a simple butter naan this time. I’ll will share some more tempting flavors next time.
You can make it with baking soda and baking powder also but this version is with yeast. So I’ll recommend to use a good quality yeast for this recipe.
You can bake it in a conventional oven, here I will go with plain and simple fry pan which bit convenient and easy . Please feel free to share other full proof technique that tried with.
So,let’s make Butter Naan….in my style 👇👇👇
Type- Bread,Main course
Preparation time- 15 minutes+1 hour proofing
Cooking time- 3-4 minutes each batch
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tbs oil (you can replace with butter)
- 2tbs oil
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs yoghurt
- 1 1/3 cup (almost) of lukewarm water
Ingredients for the butter brush:
- 4 tbs melted butter
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- In a bowl add 4 cups of all purpose flour
- In it add 1 tsp instant yeast and 1 tsp salt
- Mix them and add 2 tbs oil
- And again mix
- Now add 2 tbs yoghurt and mix
- Slowly add lukewarm water and knead to a soft dough
- We required around 1 1/3 rd cup of lukewarm water
- Drizzle 2 that oil and keep it covered in a warm place for 1 hour for proofing
- After 1 hour knock out the air and knead it
- You can make around 15 equal sized Naan
- Roll out each roundels flat
- Take your flat pan and preheat it for 3-5 minutes and brush with oil
- Place your naan and cook on a medium flame
- You can see air pockets are formed,it will help your Naan to be puffy and soft
- Flip and cook evenly on the other side,brush oil again
- Now our Naan is ready
- In a bowl add 4 tbs melted butter+1 tbs chopped parsley of you want add 1 tbs chopped garlic
- Mix and brush over your Naan
- Your Homemade Butter Naan is now ready
We’ve added a step by step video on our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes,please do subscribe and like.
Don’t forget to share your valuable comments in the comment box below.
Things which tastes best with this Butter Naan 👇👇👇