Whenever you ask someone which is your favorite soup,the soup name that immediately pops up in your mind is ‘tomato soup’.
It is famous all over the world and every part of the world has it’s very own version.Winter season is mainly the season of soups.
Sometimes I make in batches,reheat and drink, it’s a comfort food to me when accompanied by some crackers or garlic bread.
There are 2 basic kinds of soup – clear and thick. Clear soups include flavored broths, stocks and consommés, this includes chicken noodle soup and French onion soup. Thick soups include cream and purée soups such as bisques or cream if tomato soup.
In my version of tomato soup, we have first made a tomato concentrate by cooking it and then blending and then we diluted it with some water,added some heavy cream to finish it off.
It is very easy and consumes very less of your time.
So,let’s make Classic Tomato Soup…in my style 👇👇👇
Type– Soup,starter, appetiser
Preparation time- 12-15 minutes
Cooking time- 20-25 minutes
- 3 large tomatoes cut into large pieces
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2/3 rd cup+ 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp +1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 3 tbs + 1 tbs butter
- 1/4 th cup chopped onions
- 1/4 th cup heavy cream (optional)
- 1/4 th tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- In a pan add 3 tbs butter,allow it to melt
- Add 1 tsp ginger and fry till aroma comes
- Now add 1 tsp garlic and keep on frying
- Add 1/2 cup chopped onions and keep on frying till translucent
- Add 3 large tomatoes diced and fry till soft
- Add 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp crushed black pepper and mix
- When the tomatoes are soft then add 2/3 rd cup of water and cover and cook for 15 minutes on a medium -medium low flame
- When the tomatoes are soft allow it to come to room temperature
- Blend the tomato mixture
- In that pan add 1 tbs butter and allow it to melt
- At this point add the tomato mixture and bring to boil for 2-3 minutes
- Add 1/4 th tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp paprika, turmeric powder helps to enrich the color
- Now add 1/2 water to dilute the tomato mixture (it’s upto you how much thick or thin you like the soup)
- Add salt to taste
- Bring the soup to boil and its done
- Add 1/4 cup heavy cream (it’s optional)
- We garnished with some parsley (optional)
- Enjoy classic tomato soup 🍲,quick ‘n’ easy
We’ve added a step by step video in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes please do like, share and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊.
You may also like 👇👇👇
Chicken Noodle Soup