This ‘Puri’ is one of my childhood days favorite dish. Railway Canteen Style Puri is actually a deep fried puffed breads made from whole wheat flour. In Indian cuisine it is very popular dish.
You can easily get it in any sweet shop (Halwai corner) in India. This Puris are not fermented. It’s a very simple recipe and can be enjoyed anytime in breakfast,lunch or dinner. My kids just love this dish and its on quite demand in my home.
When you take this puffy Puris,which is crisp on the outside, then tear it up to reach the soft inside, then deep into into a light potato curry and pop in the mouth….Oh!!!!! what a feeling I just can’t describe in words.
Let’s make soft, puffy Railway Canteen Style Puri/Attar Luchi…in my style 👇👇👇
Type- Bread, breakfast
Preparation time- 12-15 minutes
Cooking time- 20-25 secs in each batch when optimum temperature reached
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs oil
- Almost 1 cup lukewarm water
- In a bowl add 2 cups of all purpose flour
- In that add 1 tsp salt and 2 tbs oil
- Give it a quick mix
- Now add little by little lukewarm water and start kneading
- Remember that you have to knead a soft dough
- So We needed around 1 cup of lukewarm water
- Now cover and keep for 15 minutes
- Take small around 25 gm roundels
- And then rotate and roll until flatten
- Deep fry in a medium high flame
- Dab it and it will puff up
- Drain excess oil on a tissue paper
- Our Puris are ready
We’ve added a step by step recipe in our YouTube channel👇👇👇
If you like our recipes,then please do like, share and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below