This Cabbage fritters/badhakopir bora/patta gobi kay pakoda is a very common snack time item in Indian cuisine.
It is very easy and can be quickly made and served to our guests. In India we enjoy this kind of food specially on a rainy evening,watching pitter patter rain on window pane, sipping into hot tea (chai) and munching into the fritters or pakodas.
It requires very simple ingredients always present in our home.
So,let’s stop talking and start making crispy and crunchy cabbage fritters/ badhakopir bora/patta gobi kay pakoda…in my style 👇👇👇
- 1/2 of a medium sized cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- 1 tsp onion seeds/kalo jeere/kalaunji
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbs besan/gramflour
- 2 tbs riceflour/ chaler guro
- In a bowl add the shredded cabbage
- To that add 1/2 cup sliced onions+1 tsp onion seeds or kalo jeere/kalaunji+1 tsp turmeric powder
- Add salt to taste and 2 tbs rice flour/ chaler guro
- Start mashing up with hand ,don’t need to add water because as you start mashing up the cabbage it starts leaving water
- Now at this point add 2 tbs besan/ gramflour
- Again keep on mixing ,our purpose is to bring everything together
- If you see that the cabbage is still leaving water,then add another tbs gramflour/ besan
- Now our mixture for fritters is ready to fry
- Pinch some of the mixture and see if it holds the shape and then deep fry
- Deep fry on a medium flame until crisp golden brown
- Our cabbage fritters are now ready
- Enjoy it as a tea time snack or enjoy it with some steaming hot rice (saada bhaat) and lentil soup (daal)
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes, then please do like, share and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊