Tandoori Chicken is a chicken dish prepared by roasting chicken by marinating in yoghurt and spices and cooking in a cylindrical clay oven called Tandoor. This dish originated from the Indian subcontinent and is popular in different parts of the world.
I think it needs no introduction,how it tastes or what goes best with it.
But tandoor is not always available in all homes. It is not common,but still we can enjoy juicy Tandoori chicken at home.
We can make it in microwave or OTG or conventional oven.
Let’s make Tandoori Chicken….at home 👇👇👇
Preparation time- 15-20 minutes + 2 hours minimum for marination or overnight for best result
Cooking time- 45-50 minutes
- 1 kg chicken legs with gash marks on it
- For 1st marination- 2 tbs ginger garlic paste,1 tbs salt,1/2 lime juice
- For 2nd marination- 4 tbs Tandoori Masala,2 tbs ginger garlic paste,1/2 lime juice,salt to taste,2 tbs mustard oil,1 tbs crushed kasauri methi (dried fenugreek leaves),1 tbs paprika (kashmiri lal mirch),1 tbs garam masala,4 tbs yoghurt
- In a bowl add 2 tbs ginger garlic paste,1 tbs salt and juice of 1/2 a lime and mix
- Then to it add 2 lbs or 1 kg chicken legs with gash marks on them
- Mix and give it a rest for 15 minutes
- In between let’s prepare our 2nf marination
- In a bowl mix 4 tbs yoghurt,4 tbs Tandoori masala,2 tbs ginger garlic paste,juice of 1/2 a lime,1 tbs paprika or kashmiri lal mirch,1 tbs garam masala,1 tbs crushed kasauri methi or dried fenugreek leaves,salt to taste
- Now mix everything
- Add 2 tbs mustard oil
- Pour over our chicken legs
- Keep it refrigerated for 1-2 hours or overnight for best result
- We kept overnight
- Now take a baking tray
- On it lay our chicken legs
- First we will grill our chicken on High power for 6 minutes on one side
- Now flip and again grill the chicken for another 6 minutes on High power
- It’s time for baking
- In that 355F or 180C preheated oven, butter bast the chicken and bake for 8 minutes on one side
- After 8 minutes flip and again butter bast and bake the chicken for another 8 minutes and our Tandoori Chicken Legs are ready
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes then,please do like, share and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊