Laddus are small balls of Indian Sweet, made of flour, gram flour, sugar, jaggery and some aromatic spices. Before we’ve shared the recipe of Besan ka laddu, today we’re sharing the recipe of Boondi ka laddu. It is also made of gram flour, but we’ve used it in a different way.
Indian festivals like ganesh chaturthi, Holi, Navratri etc is incomplete without these laddu.
These laddu are also a good addition to after school snack, lunch box menu, or midnight snack.
Laddus as sound as if it needs a lot of skill and expertise to make but it’s not at all true, believe me. What it needs is your patience.
Okkk, let’s now jump to the recipe now;
Type: Sweet, dessert
Preparation time:15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- 2 cups of gramflour
- 1 cup water
- 2 types color – red and green
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1.5 cup of water
- For syrup:
- In a deep dish pan add 2 cups of sugar
- Add 1.5 cups of water
- Stir it to dissolve
- Bring it to boil and then keep aside
- In a bowl seive in the 2 cups of gramflour
- Now slowly add the water
- And keep on mixing until a runny batter is formed
- Take 2 small bowls and separate little amount of batter in each bowls
- Add colors in two bowls separately
- In a deep dish frying pan add oil to fry
- Take a laddle with wholes
- Pour some batter and pat
- Fry them until golden brown
- The first batch might be a bit messy,or lumpy don’t worry fry them crisp and break them later
- Repeat the process in small batches
- Now bring the sugar syrup to boil and then lower the flame to medium low
- Add all the boondis into the syrup and mix them until mixed properly and soak the syrup completely
- Spread the sugar soaked boondis in a flat dish
- Rest it for 10 minutes, so that you can roll them into balls
- Apply some ghee on your palm
- Take small amount or the size you want and start rolling into balls
- It’s ready and done
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes then please do like, share and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊
You may also like👇👇👇