Soaking fruits before baking a Christmas Cake is a ritual. It add richness and aroma to our Christmas Cake.
Some soak both their dried fruits and their nuts together and some soak only the dried fruits and nuts add separately while baking the cake.
I like to soak the dried fruits and then add the nuts separately. Baking this kind of cake is my favorite. You can keep this in a glass jar for a maximum of 3-4 days. But keep it in mind you have to keep in a glass jar,no plastic, no aluminum. I like to bake my cake after 2 days of soaking fruits in fruit juice
We like tutti frutti,cherries, cranberries,black raisins….but you can also add dried candied ginger,candied orange peels,dried apricots.
So,let’s soak up fruits for Christmas Cake in fruit juice…in my style 👇👇👇
- 10 gm black raisins
- 10 gm chopped cranberries
- 30 gm Tutti Frutti
- 1/2 cup orange juice or enough juice to keep the fruits submerged
- In a bowl add 10 gm of chopped black raisins,10 gm chopped cranberries
- Add 30 gm of tutti frutti
- But you can add more fruits like candied ginger,dried apricots,candied orange peels
- Now add 1/2 cup of orange juice and mix
- Add orange juice to that level that the fruits are submerged
- Cover with a cling film and keep it in a dark place for 4-6 hours or a maximum of 2 days
- And we are good with soaking of Fruits
- You can also try Soaking fruits in Rum for baking Christmas Cake
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes,then please do like, share and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊