Khowa Maowa or reduced milk solids are very popular all over India. It is generally used to make sweets.
For making this it’s a must to use a full fat milk otherwise the end product will not be very appealing to both look and taste.
It doesn’t need any extra skill to make but the only thing you need is patience and keeping an eye on the pan otherwise your Khowa/kheer will get burnt from the bottom. That’s all!!!
Preparation time- 5-8 minutes
Cooking time- 90 minutes
- 1.5 litre milk (full fat)
- 1/3 rd cup sugar
- 1 tsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbs water
Procedure for Kheer ( sweetened reduced milk) :
- Add the milk in a heavy bottom pan
- When the first boil comes add the sugar
- Whenever you see boil is coming dab it with a laddle and push all the cream sideways
- You can see that the milk is reducing and changing its color to a brownish shade
- Don’t forget to scrape the sides
- Continue this for almost 90 minutes or until you see that the reduced milk has started leaving the bottom of the pan
- In this time make a slurry of water and flour and add to it
- It will thicken more and coagulate to solid ball of sweet which in India we call Khowa or Maowa
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes,then please do like, share and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊