Malpua is a classic traditional dessert from Bengali and Oriya cuisine.
It is a very popular dessert and can be ready in minutes which will easily satisfy your craving for sweets.
I made a lot of dessert before but I like this one ,because it is made of whole heat + you have the best way to feed your kids banana.
It can be made in advance and can be kept in a sterilized glass jar with lids for at least a week in the refrigerator.
So,let’s start making Banana Malpua/Kele ka Malpua…in my style 👇👇👇
Type- Sweets, Dessert
Preparation time- 12-15 minutes (+30 minutes rest time,in this time you can make the sugar syrup)
Cooking time- 4-5 minutes per batch +4-5 minutes of soaking in the sugar syrup
- 1 banana+1/2 cup milk for the puree
- 1/4 th cup +1/4 th cup milk
- 2-3 tbs cream
- 2 tbs rava or sooji or semolina
- 1 cup wheat flour 🌾
- 1 tsp crushed fennel or mouri or saunf
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 1.5 cups of water
- First in a blender ,add 1 whole banana and 1/2 cup milk
- Blend it and make a puree
- In a bowl add 1 cup whole wheat flour and to that add 2 tbs sooji or rava or semolina with 1 tsp crushed fennel
- Add 2-3 tbs cream and the banana puree and whisk
- Then add 1/4 th cup milk whisk so that there is no lumps
- Again slowly add another quarter cup (1/4th) of milk
- Now cover and rest it for 30 minutes
- In between let us cook the sugar syrup
- Add 1.5 cup of sugar + 1.5 cup of water
- Dissolve the sugar and then let it come to a boil
- If you want you can add 1-2, drops of food color but you can skip it
- Cook your sugar syrup until then,when you drop the sugar syrup from the spatula and the last drop falls the slowest
- Now keep it aside
- Let’s check on the batter,if you think it’s thick then add 2-3 tbs milk
- Take a half laddle full of the batter and pour slowly into medium heated oil
- Don’t touch it for 1-2 minutes, let it puff up and then slowly flip it and cook on the other side till you get that golden brown color
- Immediately drop it into the sugar syrup
- Keep it soaked for 4-5 minutes,them take them out and its done
- Like this make the rest of the Malpua
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes then please do like, share,and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊
You may also like 👇👇👇
You may also like 👇👇👇
Khowa kheer/Maowa or reduced milk solids