Sunday and Chicken curry with steamed rice is Bengalis emotion.
And it is very common that each Bengali house smells of “Kosha mangsho” (piping hot chicken curry) on a Sunday afternoon.
This microwave chicken curry has a emotion and history with me. This is that chicken curry which I used to cook when I first came to America and stayed in a hotel with no kitchen but just microwave.
Before we’ve shared many chicken curry recipes which are quite tempting,but believe what we’re going to share today is that it’s no effort chicken.
There are many people who love away from there home and miss “ghar ka khana,” (homemade food)….. don’t worry folks here we brought a solution to it.
There are many newlyweds who struggle with “the recipe” with which they can have their first impression to the in-laws, so worry not this that recipe you are searching for ,in short ‘smart cooking’.
So let’s start making microwave chicken curry or bachelor’s chicken curry…in my style 👇👇👇
Preparation time- 25-30 minutes
Cooking time- 35-40 minutes
- 800-900 gm chicken
- 4-5 potatoes cut into halves and quarters
- 1/4 th cup yogurt
- 1/4 th cup mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbs turmeric powder
- 1.5 tbs coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbs paprika or kashmiri lal mirch
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 th chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 5-6 whole red chillies
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 4-5 green chillies
- 3 cloves
- 3 cardamom
- 1/2 inch cinnamon
- Ins blending jar add 5-6 whole red chillies and 5-6 cloves with 1/2 inch ginger
- Blend it until smooth
- Keep it aside
- In spice jar add 3 cloves,3 cardamom and 1/2 inch cinnamon stick and roughly grind it
- Our garam masala is ready,keep it aside
- Let us first marinate the chicken
- In a bowl add 800 gm chicken and to it add 1 tbs turmeric powder,1.5 tbs coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder
- Add 1 tbs paprika or kashmiri lal mirch for the color and 2 tbs salt
- Add 1/4 th cup yoghurt and 1/4 th cup mustard oil (you can add any cooking oil preferably mustard)
- Then add our red chilli,garlic and ginger paste
- Now mix it and keep it aside for 20-30 minutes
- In a microwave bowl add 1 cup chopped onions and 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- To it add 2 tbs mustard oil and 1 tsp salt and mix
- Put it in the microwave on a high temperature (mine is PL 10 ,many have 900W,look for your high temperature in the microwave) for 5 minutes
- Now add our marinated chicken and mix it
- Again on high power put it in the microwave for 6 minutes
- Take it out mix it and then add 1.5 cups of water for the gravy and the garam masala and again mix
- Put it in the microwave for 8 minutes on high power
- Take it out and mix it
- At this point check your salt and if you like add potatoes
- We added 5-6 potatoes cut into halves and quarters
- Add 5-6 slit green chillies,but adjust heat according to your palate
- This time put it in the microwave for 11 minutes,set the power at 600W ,60% or PL 6
- Our chicken is almost done,now for the final time put the chicken in the microwave for 5 minutes and its done
- Now add a handful of coriander leaves and it’s done
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes then please do like, share,and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊
You can also try 👇👇👇