Aamer Chutney or Aamer Tok is a must on summer days after heavy lunch. It acts as a digestive.
Sometimes you can make the consistency thinner and keep it on the sour side or sometimes you can make it on the thicker consistency and make it on the sweeter side.
We like both the sweet and the sour version with some popadum.
Let’s make Aamer Chutney or Aamer Tok…in my style 👇👇👇
Preparation time- 10-12 minutes
Cooking time- 25-30 minutes
- 2 large raw mango
- 1 tsp panchphoran
- 3/4 th cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp bhaja masala (dry roast -8-10 whole dried red chillies,1 tbs cumin seeds,1 tbs coriander seeds)
- Take 2 large raw mango and them peel the skin and cut into strips
- Then wash thoroughly
- In a pan add 1 tbs mustard oil and heat it on a medium flame
- Then add 1 tsp panchphoran and saute for 1 minute on a medium flame
- Then add the mangoes and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium flame
- Then add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and fry and 1 tsp salt
- Add 3/4 th cup sugar and mix
- Add 2 cups of water and bring it to boil
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes on a medium low flame- medium flame until the mangoes are soft
- When you see that the consistency is thicken add 1-2 tsp bhaja masala or roasted whole spices and it’s done
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes then please do like, share and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊