“Appam” is a South Indian dish ,made from fermented rice. It is very healthy and can be eaten anytime of the day.
But the only drawback here is you have to soak it overnight then ferment. Always we don’t have that much to me or patience…..so readers here is a quick substitute for Fermented Appam is Instant Appam Dosa made with Rava-Poha (sooji-cheere) that is Semolina and flattened rice.
You crave for Appam,then simply take rava or semolina add poha /cheere/ flattened rice grind into fine powder with that add yoghurt and water with a teaspoon of fruit salt and make batter,no need to ferment make in instantly on a hot tawa or griddle.
So,let’s make it Instant Rava Appam Dosa…in my style 👇👇👇
Type- breakfast, lunch or dinner
Preparation time- 12-15 minutes
Cooking time- 3-4 minutes
- 1 cup rava or sooji or semolina
- 3/4 th cup poha/ cheere/ flattened rice
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water + 1 cup water
- 1 tsp fruit salt
- In a blending jar add 3/4 th cup poha /cheere or flattened rice
- To that add 1 cup rava /sooji or semolina
- Blend into fine powder
- In that powder add 1/2 cup of yoghurt,2 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp salt
- Add 1 cup water and whisk to make sure there are no lumps
- Then again add 1 cup water and whisk
- Add 1 tsp fruit salt (you can simply add ENO)
- Now fold it with a light hand, there you will see that it becomes frothy
- You don’t need to give it a rest
- Heat up your pan on high flame and brush with oil,them wipe with a tissue
- Add 1/2 a laddle full of the batter
- Allow it to spread
- On a medium flame,it will bake
- When you start seeing wholes in it ,then know that your Appam is ready
- Enjoy it with red chutney and green chutney
We’ve shared the video of the recipe in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes then please do like, share,and comment.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊
You may also like 👇👇👇