Kara Chutney or instant chilli garlic chutney is a popular side dish or dip from the Tamil Cuisine.
It goes perfectly with Dosa, Idli, Uttapam and Appam and even with parathas also. It is so simple that you need only garlic,tomato and onion.
It’s quick and takes only 15 minutes if your time.
So,let’s start making Kara Chutney or instant chilli garlic chutney…in my style 👇👇👇
Type- side dish or dip
Preparation time- 8-10 minutes
Cooking time- 15-18 minutes
- 1 tbs chana daal (bengal split pea)
- 1 tbs urad daal (black split pea)
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 6-7 whole red chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 large tomato chopped (2 small tomatoes)
- Salt to taste
- For tempering- 1/2 tsp urad daal or black split pea+1 tsp mustard seeds,5-6 curry leaves
- In a pan heat 2 tbs oil on a medium flame
- Add 1 tbs chana daal or bengal split pea and 1 tbs urad daal or black split pea
- Then add 5-6 whole red chillies
- Add 3-4 garlic cloves , depending on the size (mine is big ,if you get small add 5-6 garlic cloves)
- Fry till aroma comes
- Then add 1/2 cup chopped onions and fry till translucent
- At this point add 1 large tomato chopped or 2 small tomatoes
- Add salt to taste
- Fry the tomatoes till it’s soft
- Now allow them to cool down
- Then blend it smooth
- For the tempering- add 1 tbs oil and heat up,then to it add 1 tsp mustard seeds,1/2 tsp urad daal or black split pea and 5-6 curry leaves
- When the aroma stars coming,turn off the heat and pour over the blended paste and mix
- Our Kara Chutney or instant chilli garlic chutney is ready
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes then please do like, share,and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊
You may also like 👇👇👇