Momos are a kind of dumpling popular in Nepal, Sikkim and Tibet and are similar to Chinese pot sticker. Momos are made of flour and dough with water. White flour is generally preferred with yeast and baking sida to give that doughy texture.
You can use any kind of filling, Pure veg filling made of cabbage or nonveg have so many varieties like, chicken, prawn/shrimp, pork etc.
But we’ve shared a recipe of the dough made without the yeast and baking soda.
These are handmade veg momos adequately stuffed with 100% veg filling. The filling fully flavored with spring onions and garlic just take your love for food to a next level.
This recipe is very popular in my home, specially during winters.
Let’s cut the bush and come to the recipe.
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients for the dough:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs oil
- 1/4 th cup water or as required to knead a semi soft dough
Ingredients for the stuffing:
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1.5 tsp chopped green spring onions
- 1/2 cup mixed finely chopped veggies like- carrots,beans and peas
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chopped spring onions
Procedure for the stuffing:
- In a pan add 2 tbs oil heat it on a medium flame
- Add 1 tsp garlic,1.5 tsp chopped green onions and 1 tsp green chillies
- Add 1 tsp chopped ginger and saute for 1-2 minutes
- To that add 1/2 cup veggies like -carrots ,beans and peas again saute for 2-3 minutes on a medium high flame
- Then add 1 cup of shredded cabbage ,salt to taste and 1 tsp black pepper and saute for another 3-4 minutes on a medium high flame and its done
- Turn off the heat and add 2 tbs chopped spring onions and it’s done
- Keep it aside and our filling is ready
Procedure for the momo dough:
- In a bowl add 1 cup all purpose flour
- Add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbs oil
- Add almost 3/4 th cup water or as required to knead a semi hard dough
Assemble the momo:
- Make small roundels out of the dough
- Roll out the dough
- Apply water on the edges
- Applying water helps sealing the momos
- Spoon adequate amounts of the fillings
- And give your desired shape
- We’ve shown a 2 step wrapping technique
- In between let’s make the steamer ready
- Pour 1.5 cup of water in the base of the steamer ( amount of water may vary according to the size of steamer you are using)
- We’ve used a 2 tier steamer
- Now apply oil to the lower tier and place the momos
- Again apply oil to the second tier and place the momos
- Steam the momos for 15-20 minutes or until translucent
- Our Momos are now ready
We’ve added a step by step video of the recipe in our YouTube channel 👇👇👇
If you like our recipes then please do like, share ,and subscribe.
Don’t forget to leave your valuable comments in the comment box below 😊
You may also like 👇👇👇