Yesterday was the last night of the year 2018.Was thinking of making something special for my family.My menu was spatchcock chicken and creamy mashed potatoes 🥔.
Mashed potatoes are very loved and devoured side dish with grilled chicken.There’s a reason why mashed potatoes make a very classic holiday tradition.This kind of dish reminds some of the best times spent gathered together around the table.
So without cutting the bush,let’s have the apparently easy recipe for creamy buttery cheesy mashed potatoes.
- 3 russet potatoes or large potatoes peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 cup butter diced
- 2 tbs milk
- Salt 🧂 to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese 🧀 ( I took mixture of mozzarella and provolone)
- Boil water with salt
- Add the potatoes
- When softened run and wash with some cold water
- Mash the potatoes with mashed
- Add 1 slice of butter with mashed one by one until the whole cup of butter incorporates into it
- Add the salt and pepper to it
- Add 1/2 cup cheese now and incorporate it to
- Now take one of your big spoons 🥄 in the kitchen and mix it to a creamy mixtures
- You can also use a beater but at a very low speed for 1-2 minutes or it can ruin the mashed potatoes texture
- I’ve added some garlic onion seasoning to it you can skip it
- Now add remaining 1/2 cup of cheese
- Microwave it for 2 minutes until cheese are gooey
- Sprinkle some cracked pepper on to it
- You can add some freshly chopped parsley
Enjoy your bowl of mashed potatoes with roasted chicken or any dish of your choice
Let me know how did you like my recipe and share your suggestions.